Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey
Bachelor of Engineering in Naval Engineering, Expected May 2017
Computer Aided Ship Design, Analysis and Design of Composites, Design of Marine Structures, Advanced Structural Analysis, Total Ship Design, Principles of Naval Architecture, Numerical Hydrodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Finite Element Method.
Awards: Stevens Global Scholarship, ABS Scholarship, Dean’s List.
Software: Excel 2010, AutoCAD 2015, SolidWorks 2013, MATLAB R2015b, Project 2010, Word 2010,Power Point 2010,
Gnumeric, Eureqa, Maxsurf.
Languages: Native Portuguese, Fluent in English, Fluent in Spanish
Stevens Institute of Technology, Design Laboratory, Hoboken, NJ
- 80’ Motor Yacht Design – 02/2016-05/2016
- Designed an 80 feet motor yacht using Maxsurf.
- Hydrostatic analysis and stability calculations.
- Powering predictions and prime mover selection.
- Superstructure design.
- Weight calculations.
Stevens Institute of Technology, Davidson Laboratory, Hoboken, NJ
- Research Assistant – 08/14-Present
- Collected and analyzed data from boat model’s behavior during runs using Excel.
- Assembled boat models to fit tank’s track.
- Established the speed and acceleration of the model for each run.
- Set wave height and frequency for each run.
Carabelli Yacht Design, Florianopolis, Brazil
- Intern – 05/16-08/16
- Worked in the rigging dimensions of a mast refit for a double mast 80 feet sailing yacht.
- Designed the hull in Maxsurf with table of offsets given by client.
- Performed hydrostatics and stability calculations.
- Sketched sail plan in Autocad and calculated mast forces.
Juan Yacht Design, Valencia, Spain
- Intern – 06/15-08/15
- Developed a generic mathematical model for the aerodynamic forces and moments of different types of sails using Eureqa and Gnumeric.
- Laid out notes and details onto drawings using AutoCAD.
- Trained to perform weight distribution calculations.
- Plotted and analyzed data in Excel.
- Wrote reports for clients.
Association: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME), Stevens Sailing Team.